Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ex-Pats Pats 2014: Week 3

Okay, I'm a little late getting to the game. Opening day at home.

So far, I'm not that impressed. The defense is allowing Oakland to punch through to many holes on 3rd down. Too many passes that are allowed to complete. I've seen maybe 2 or 3 decent plays by the defense. Were this a team such as the Chargers, I wouldn't be too worried this early in the game. But, come-on, this is the 0-2 Raiders we're talking about!

And, don't even get me started on the 3 & Out for the Pat's opening possession. This tendency of the Pats to allow a team to dominate for a while before doing a famous Brady-led comeback is getting old after so many years (and not to mention tough on my blood pressure).

Okay, the Raiders are 3rd & 14, deep in your own territory, boys. Time to get your sh!t together.

Update: okay, finally some action and good running game... Only to be taken back by penalties. Apparently the boys now leas the League with 25 penalties. Cr@p. 

Update: jeez the Pats' pass rush looks anemic. Offense's ground game looked good for all of a minute until and bad QB protection took it all back at end 1st Quarter.  FINALLY a good stop by defense  Lets see if offense can hold onto ball for more than a couple minutes...

TOUCHDOWN GRONK! Aaaannnnndddd my blood pressure's down a bit.

Close of the 1st Half: what the hell was that snap?! Was talking about the game with Tulip and missed the fuster-cluck. At least there's still 3 more points on the board. Overall, I feel like the offense looked a lot better, starting with that drive leading up to Gronk's TD; however, I'm still REALLY concerned that so much of the start of that drive had to come on Edelman's back. If he continues to produce in this way over the remaining time on his contract, I hope to hell the Kraft's seriously keep that in mind as they look at renewing. I think they've let a couple needed veterans go all too easily (except I think it was a done deal on Welker as his relationship with Emperor Hoody continued to deteriorate). I did watch a bot of that Atlanta-Tampa Bay fiasco on Thursday night and it just made me sick to see to see Logan Mankins exiled to that hell (interesting that Brady doesn't seem to get the same level of protection since Mankins was traded). Oh well, we'll just have to see...

Start 2nd Half: Seriously, WTF was that last snap?! They just let the whole line collapse in and crush Brady. Just perfect to allow the Raiders to get the ball about mid-field off that punt (still don't understand letting Mezco go last year).

Update: Carr is being given GREAT protection to air the damn ball and, now, it's a 1-point game and I don't know if I have faith in the offense to widen that gap on the Raiders.

Update: good return by Slater!At least 3 more on the board (what a bummer drop by the Gronk).

Update: Good stuff to deny the conversion, guys! Stuffed them on 2nd & 1 and 3rd & 1!

Update: Way to recover from the penalty-caused 3rd & 15! And, Brady even throws a good block on next snaps.

Update: are you freaking kidding me with that Pass Interference?!

The Final: wet ball bounces like a pinball across an Oakland receiver, a Patriot (couldn't quite see who, but I'm hearing Ninkovich) and right into the arms of #75.  YAY VINCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment