Saturday, January 10, 2015

Ex-Pat's Pats 2014: A Divisional Round Post Script

And, in typical Ravens/Harbaugh (either brother, take your pick) fashion, it's poor me and the forces deceptively aligned to rob them.

John Harbaugh: Pats' Substitutions Deceptive and Illegal:
Counteracting a ferocious first-half pass rush, the Patriots called a change-up in the third quarter, aligning four blockers on the line of scrimmage with another player checking in as an ineligible receiver.

Harbaugh believes the Patriots should have been penalized for the "deceptive" substitutions utilized on those plays.

"It's not something that anybody has ever done before," Harbaugh said. "They're an illegal type of a thing and I'm sure that (the league will) make some adjustments and things like that."
Funny, I watched Vereen declare himself ineligible to the refs. Chris Collingsworth even commented on it.

Over the past 8 years or so, I always hear the Ravens declare how the reffing is against them and they can't catch a break. I've also noticed a trend in both Harbaugh brothers always seem to have an "it's the other guys fault" attitude whenver either loses (I'm also thinking back to how brother Jim blamed losses to Seattle on unfair advantages from the 12th Man noise at Century Link Field).

As Tulip just reminded me, is this something I should get riled-up about? Probably not. Still, it feels good to say "Oh, cry me a f#<k!ng river." They played incredibly well. We managed to play it one better when we needed. Be proud of what you accomplished when your team was earlier looking to tank in a big way.

There. It's off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment